Dog licenses are issued annually January through December 31st and must be renewed. Every year, all dog owners must obtain a license for their dog by January 31st. Please contact the Town Clerk or fill out the application that is attached to the 2022 Street List/Census.
A Reminder… Please license your dog or dogs if you have not already done so. If you need more information, please contact the Town Clerk.
To obtain a license, you must present a current rabies certificate. The fees for a dog license are outlined in the form below. To obtain a license by mail, send a copy of your dogs rabies certificate and a check for the appropriate amount made out to the Town of Nahant to the Town Clerk’s Office.
Dog Licenses need to be obtained by April 1, 2023.
Recreational Saltwater Fish Permits
Who needs the MA Recreational Saltwater Fishing Permit?
In order to fish recreationally for finfish in Massachusetts marine waters, including up to the first upstream bridge in rivers and streams that flow to the ocean (click here for exceptions to the rule), saltwater fishermen must have:
- A MA Recreational Saltwater Fishing permit, or
- A recreational saltwater fishing permit from a state that has a reciprocity agreement with Massachusetts. As of February 17, 2011, Massachusetts has reciprocity agreements with:
Who does not need a permit?
No permit is required for:
- Fishermen who are under 16 years of age
- Fishermen fishing on permitted for-hire vessels
- Fishermen who regardless of their age, otherwise meet the definition of a disabled person.