We are exposed to a variety of natural and man-made hazards. The best defense against these are knowledge and preparedness. Here are some simple items you can put together that will help you be prepared.
- Identification, Valuable Papers, Policies and Photographs in a Waterproof Container
- Personal Hygiene Items; Soap, Deodorant, Shampoo, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Washcloth, Towels, Sanitary Items, etc.
- Medication; Prescriptions, Aspirin and Antacids etc.
- Specific Medical Information
- Personal Aids; Eyeglasses, Hearing Aids, Canes, etc.
- Infant Care Items; Diapers, Formula etc.
- Sleeping Bag or Blanket, Sheet and Pillow
- Change of Clothing
Food and Water
- Foods; Canned Goods and Nonperishable Foods that do not need cooking
- Utensils; Manual Can Opener, Disposable Plates, Cups, Forks, Spoons, etc.
- Drinking Water in Non-breakable Containers (One gallon per person/day)
- Special Dietary Food (If required)
- Portable Outdoor Camping Stove or Grill with Fuel Supply
- Pet Food/Care Items
- First Aid Kit
- Battery-operated Radio
- Extra Batteries
- Books, Magazines, Toys etc.
- Waterproof Container for your all your items
- Trash Bags
Courtesy of the MEMA website