Please Note: Your Mooring Permit Applications will be considered incomplete and returned if submitted without a completed Boat Declaration Form, which can be found on the Assessors page.
About the Application:
The interactive application is intended to be filled out on your computer, printed and signed. Simply download the Adobe Acrobat virtual to your computer and double click on the virtual to open it. Place the cursor on any of the fields and start typing. When complete, print the document, sign/date it and enclose the appropriate fee’s.
(See Section 4 (Permits and Fee’s) of the Harbormaster Regulations below).
- Mooring Permit Applications are available here on the Harbormaster’s webpage. Mooring Permit Applications will be considered incomplete and returned if submitted without the attached Boat Declaration Form.
- Fill it out COMPLETELY and return it by mail to: Nahant Town Hall (Selectmen’s Office) Attn: Harbormaster, 334 Nahant Road, Nahant, MA 01908. Please write Harbormaster on the front of the envelope. Be sure to include the appropriate fee with your application. $4 per foot for residents and $6 per foot for non-residents.
- Your permit will be mailed back to you or you will be called for further information.
All boats must comply with mooring regulations as posted on the Harbormaster website.
Cost is $4 per foot for residents. Please include certificate of registration for the boat or if documented-the documentation papers. All moorings must be reregistered before May 1st or number and or mooring space will be reassigned.
Section 4. Permits and Fees:
- Resident: All boats moored in Nahant waters shall be assessed an annual fee of four dollars ($4) per foot (LOA).
- Non-Resident: All boats moored in Nahant waters shall be assessed an annual fee of six dollars ($6) per foot (LOA).
Note: Mooring gear left on Town Wharf property will be considered abandoned and is subject to immediate removal by the Town of Nahant.
Notice to Boat Owners with Moorings in Nahant
The Nahant Harbormaster’s office will begin tagging illegal moorings during the month of August.
Per Nahant Mooring Regulation 5A:
“Moorings not renewed by June 30th will be considered illegal and removed at the owner’s expense and shall be delivered to the possession of the Harbormaster until claimed by the rightful owner or disposed of in accordance with M.G.L. Ch. 91.”