- This event has passed.
Board of Selectmen Meeting
October 5 @ 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Town of Nahant
Board of Selectmen-Meeting Agenda
Wednesday October 5, 2022 at 6:30pm via ZOOM
Eugene Canty, Chairman, Mark P. Cullinan, Vice Chairman
Joshua A. Antrim, Recording Secretary, Antonio Barletta, Town Administrator
- Meeting Opening
- Opening Comments
- Curbside Leaf pick up begins in October on every Monday (except Columbus Day). The week of Columbus Day bags will be picked up that Tuesday October 11th. Leaves must be in biodegradable bags ONLY. No open barrels, roots, root balls or branches bigger than 4” in diameter. Bags must be out by 7AM.
- Compost area open on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9AM-3PM. 2022 Resident sticker required. Visit nahant.org for a list of accepted material.
- Recycling for metal/white goods/tv/computers is the last Saturday of each month from 8AM-12PM behind the DPW on Flash Rd. 2022 Resident sticker required. Visit nahant.org for more information and required fees.
- Town Hall will be closed on Monday October 10, 2022 in observance of Columbus Day
- Farmers Market: October 15, 2022 from 10AM-1PM at Flash Rd Park. For more information or to become a vendor visit the Farmers Market page at nahant.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annual Police vs. Fire Charity Softball game on Sunday October 23, 2022 at the Lowlands Softball Field starting at 11:00AM
- Water/Sewer/Trash bills due October 24, 2022. For questions contact the Treasurer/Collectors office
- Textiles and Mattress Ban effective November 1, 2022. Visit the Trash/Recycle page at nahant.org for more information
- Town Public Health Nurse Deborah Murphy Retiring
- New Business
- Declare the 2008 ADDCO Monitor Trailer as Surplus Equipment
- Vote to Approve Lobster Trap Storage Leases
- Approve Appointment of Cultural Council Member
- Vote to Authorize the Town Administrator to initiate the eviction process for the Coast Guard Housing Units
- Vote to Post the General Election Warrant for Tuesday November 8, 2022 from 7:00AM-8:00PM at the Nahant Town Hall, 334 Nahant Road, Nahant, MA 01908
- Vote to Approve Early Voting Times for the General Election on November 8, 2022 at the Nahant Town Hall, 334 Nahant Road, Nahant, MA 01908
- Vote to Approve Nahant Police Officer Detail for the General Election on Tuesday November 8, 2022 at the Nahant Town Hall, 334 Nahant Road, Nahant, MA 01908 from 6:30AM and until final votes have been counted and tallied.
- Vote to Approve One Day Liquor License to the American Legion Post 215, 96 Nahant Rd. Nahant, MA for the Sip and Shop Fundraiser Event on Saturday October 23, 2022 from 12:00PM-5:00PM
- Vote to Approve One Day Liquor License to the American Legion Post 215, 96 Nahant Rd. Nahant, MA for the Veterans Day Celebration on Friday November 11, 2022 from 12:00PM-9:00PM.
- Vote to Approve the Event Request for the American Legion Post 215 Veterans Day Services at the Nahant Veterans Park on Friday November 11, 2022 starting at 11:00AM
- Vote to Approve Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes from June 29, 2022, July 14, 2022 and July 20, 2022.
- Ongoing Business
- Preserving East Point
- Town Administrators Report
- Water/Sewer/Trash bills discussion
- Citizens Forum
Meeting ID: 830 4369 9968
Dial by your location
1 312 626 6799 US
1 646 931 3860 US
1 929 205 6099 US
1 301 715 8592 US
1 309 205 3325 US
1 386 347 5053 US
1 564 217 2000 US
1 669 444 9171 US
1 669 900 6833 US
1 719 359 4580 US
1 253 215 8782 US
1 346 248 7799 US
Posted by the Town Clerk on October 3, 2022 at 02:55 PM