- International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives: Funded the development of energy audits and action plans for cities and towns.
- Massachusetts Climate Action Network: Organization of MA cities and towns trying to address climate change issues through energy conservation and other measures.
Emission Estimates, EIA Conservation
- Rebuild America Partnership: General information on alternative energy technologies.
- Massachusetts Electric: Renewable Energy Project
- Keyspan: Energy Tips
Wind Power Technology
- Hullwind.org: Homepage
- Hullwind.org Community Page: Community information page.
- Windshare: Canadian co-operative urban wind machine, financial statement included.
- American Wind Energy Association: The American Wind Energy Association (AWEATM) promotes wind energy as a clean source of electricity for consumers around the world.
- Energy Information Portal: A gateway to hundreds of Web sites and thousands of online documents on energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- National Wind Technology Center: The National Wind Technology Center, located at the foot of the Rocky Mountains near Boulder, Colorado, is a world-class research facility managed by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory for the U.S. Department of Energy
- aquaenergygroup.com: Ocean wave energy.
- cleanair-coolplanet.org: Bio-diesel.
- epa.gov/chp: Combined heat and power.
- biomasscenter.org: Wood chip burners.
- fuelcellstore.com: Fuel cells.
- utcfuelcells.com: Fuel cells.
- nerainbarrel.com: Water.
Energy Source Comparisons
- www.ucsusa.org/clean-energy/renewable-energy: A UCS document “Powerful Solutions” presents cost comparisons.
- masstech.org: This site has comparative cost information but not as in depth as UCS.
- industcards.com: Fabulous site with visual images of power plant installations worldwide by power source categories.
Grant and Regulatory Organizations
- Massachusetts Technology Collaborative
- Massachusetts Energy Consumers Alliance: Discount heating oil, green certificates, Solar Boston, community assistance programs.
Information on Electricity Restructuring
- Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company: The organization serving the interests of the 40 municipally-owned utilities.
- Independent System Operator: Our independent system operator holds regular meetings (this needs to be confirmed) to inform the public on matters of electricity, training sessions designed to introduce beginners to the science of electricity pricing and distribution.
- New England Power Pool: Formed in 1971, the New England Power Pool is a voluntary association of entities that are engaged in the electric power business in New England.
- US Department of Energy: Renewable Energy Tax Credits or Renewable Energy Production Incentives
Federal Wind Subsidies
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission: The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regulates and oversees energy industries in the economic and environmental interest of the American public.
Local Community Organizations
- Healthlink: HealthLink is a Massachusetts North Shore citizens group working to improve public health.
- Salem Alliance for Environment: (SAFE) is a group dedicated to addressing environmental issues through education, advocacy, and community organizing.
- Patrick Mehr (e-mail): Lexington Electric Utility Committee charged with getting rid of NSTAR and establishing a new Municipal Power Company in Lexington. In the process of changing statute to allow for utility buy-outs.