- This event has passed.
Board of Selectmen and Planning Board Meeting
September 7 @ 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Town of Nahant
Board of Selectmen and Nahant Planning Board
Wednesday September 7, 2022 at 6:30pm via ZOOM
Eugene Canty, Chairman, Mark P. Cullinan, Vice Chairman
Joshua A. Antrim, Recording Secretary, Antonio Barletta, Town Administrator
- Meeting Opening 6:30pm
- Opening Comments
- 2022 Resident Parking Stickers available for purchase at nahant.org. Stickers are $10 each.
- Compost area open on Wednesday and Saturday from 9AM-3PM. 2022 Resident sticker required. Visit nahant.org for a list of accepted material
- Recycling for metal/white goods/tv/computer is the last Saturday of each month from 8AM-12PM behind the DPW on Flash Rd. 2022 Resident sticker required. Visit nahant.org for more information and required fees.
- Famers Markets: September 17th and October 15th from 10AM-1PM at Flash Rd. Park. Visit the Farmers Market page at nahant.org for a vendor application, volunteer information and updates or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning Board
- Joint Vote with the Board of Selectmen to fill the vacancies of Alternate Planning Board Members
- New Business
- Review and Approve Open Space and Recreation Master Plan
- Approve Appointment of the Conservation Commission Agent
- Proclamation request to recognize the month of September as Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in Nahant-see email with back up
- Vote to set Trash Rate
- Vote to Approve Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes from May 4, 2022 and June 1, 2022 and June 15, 2022
- Vote to Approve the Event Request for Women’s Softball Fall League from September 11, 2022 to November 13, 2022 on Sundays at the Lowlands Softball Field.
- Vote to Approve the Event Request for the Johnson School PTO Halloween Bash on Saturday October 22, 2022 starting at 4:00pm at Flash Road Park.
- Vote to Approve a One Day Liquor License for the HOOMPA Nickel Road Race Runner Reception on Friday September 16, 2022 from 5PM-10PM at the American Legion 324 Nahant Road, Nahant, MA.
- Vote to Approve a One Day Liquor License for the HOOMPA Nickel Road Race and Half Way to St. Patrick’s Day Dinner and Party on Saturday September 17, 2022 from 12PM-10PM at the American Legion 324 Nahant Road, Nahant, MA.
- Ongoing Business
- Comcast Contract Renewal
- Vote to accept Green Communities Competitive Grant Award
- Northern Strand Extension Update
- Willow Road and Wharf Street Intersection MBTA Bus Stop improvement update
- Pickleball Group Request- Discussion: Install lines and temporary nets at the Flash Road Tennis Courts for Pickleball use.
- Preserving East Point
- Town Administrators Report
- Citizens Forum
Meeting ID: 851 2310 6687 Passcode: 085950
Dial by your location
1 646 931 3860
1 929 205 6099
1 301 715 8592
1 309 205 3325
1 312 626 6799
1 669 444 9171
1 669 900 6833
1 719 359 4580
1 253 215 8782
1 346 248 7799
1 386 347 5053
1 564 217 2000
Posted by the Town Clerk on September 2, 2022 at 12:12 PM